What are the advantages of checking out (Downloading) e-books?
How do I check out e-books?
1. To check out e-books you must first create an account in EBSCOhost.
2. To create an account in EBSCOhost, you must first click on Go to eBook in the record of the book that you which to check out
4. Find and click on at the upper right on the page.
5. You will be taken to the EBSCOhost sign in page, as is shown below:
6. In the image above, below the Sign In button there appears Don't have an account? Create one now. Click on the words Create one Now to create your account.
7. The create your account form appears, as is shown below:
1. If you want to check out the book, click on the button
2. The following box will appear:
3. Sign in using the username and password that you just created.
4. The following window will display.
5. In this box, you need to indicate how many days you wish to borrow (check-out) the book. The default is 7 days.
6. Now before you can move on, you need to install Adobe Digital Editions on your computer. Click on the link in the box and a new window will open where you can install this software on your computer.
7. Once you have Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer, you can check the box on the window above and the eBook will download. You will see a new box like the one below:
Note: In order to download eBooks, you must have Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.1 or higher installed on your computer. This is a free download available at http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html.
Once the book has been downloaded, it will be located in the bottom left corner
Click on the book, and it will open up in Adobe Digital Editons