The title is what a work is known by.
- There are two kinds of capitalization for titles; headline style and sentence style. In sentence style you capitalize only the first world of the title and subtitle. In headline style, you capitalize all words in the title with the following exceptions:
- Do not capitalize articles (a, an, the), EXCEPT if it is the first or last word in the TITLE or SUBTITLE
- Do not capitalize coordinating conjunctions (and, but, or, nor, for)
- Do not capitalize prepositions (of, in, at, above, under) unless they are used as adverbs or adjectives (see Turabian 8th p 313 for more information on what to capatilize
- Give the title and subtitle of a source.