Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Funding provided by:
LAB IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
What is the TxWes Makers Lab?
The TxWes Makers Lab is located on the first floor of the Eunice & James L. West Library, and is space where the Texas Wesleyan community has the opportunity to explore, invent, collaborate, and learn. There are several skills that can be introduced and honed through the Makers Lab, including but not limited to:
- collaboration and the fostering of unique ideas and relationships
- to become well acquainted with the intricacies of concept and design
- to utilize critical thinking skills and ingenuity to solve problems
- to recognize what it takes for a concept to go from a draft to a finished product.
The Makers Lab's mission is to:
- Give users opportunities to use technologies that they would not usually have access to
- Prepare students and community to be able to enter the workforce with highly sought technical skills
- Make a space that will engage users
- Create a collaborative learning environment for various types of learners